Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is Brianne, and I'm a shopping addict.

all together now: "Hi, Brianne"

So I think this is where I confess (and I challenge all you other closeted addicts, for the addiction of your choosing, to do the same during the span of BEDA)

So I really realized this today when I went shopping for birthday presents. And my mother and I were walking on our way to a certain store when we passed by Bryan's, they we having a sale. So my mom asked me if I wanted to take a look, and of course it's a closing down sale where everything is 50% off so I'm eager to check it out. But than I do tell myself, okay you came to the mall for a reason, and that reason was not for you. And honestly I didn't expect to find anything...but then I ended up walking out of the store with two shirts, that are actually amazing.

I've got a problem. I think I blame it on my mom, because whenever she sees a sale she encourages me to take a look for some good deals, and I normally end up buying one or two things. I have a few confessions I'd like to share, they're a little sporadic in timing but they are all true:
  • Around the time of February, I couldn't go out shopping where I didn't end up walking out with a pair of shoes, that usually happened to be...you guessed it, on sale.
  • Last time Byran's had a sale I walked out with not one, but two dresses that I now need places to wear.
  • When in Wet Seal in the states I bought another dress...that I also need a place to wear.
  • While in Costa Rica I also bought a dress, but this time I only have to wait till summer to wear it again.
  • My mom and I went shopping for about two pairs of shorts and a few more light weight tops before going to Costa Rica. I ended up with 3 shorts/capris, 3 tank tops, 1 nicer tank top like shirt, and 2 graphic t-shirts. Wow!
  • And then today, where I got 2 more tops when I was supposed to be birthday present shopping (which I did complete, btw).
I'm sure there are more, but you get the jist of it. I did make a deal with my mother though today. Because, honestly, I hate it when she buys stuff for me because I don't want her spending tons of money. So I bought the birthday presents while my mom bought my top for me. Good deal, because the presents were more expensive. But that's exactly why I want a job, so my mother doesn't have to buy these things for me, and I can buy whatever I like. Win, win.

I also find that I should be lucky my parents aren't stinking rich and don't have an end to their budget (though it would be awesome) I would be spoiled rotten (more then I am already).

My name is Brianne, and I need help.

P.S. lol :P

I'm really liking the Dr. Seuss quotes lately, so I'm gonna have some fun with that for a while.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities." ~ Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment